Sunday, December 19, 2010

Blessings

Today our little Sophie was blessed by her Dad. It was such a special day to have family and friends around. Sophie looked so adorable in her little blessing dress. I was going to buy her a new one, but, I just loved Ashlie's so much that I decided they should share and I'm glad I did, because it was absolutely perfect for Sophie! It was so cute when Ryan was finished blessing her, he lifted her up and you could hear the whole congregation go, "oh, awe". It made my day! The blessing was beautiful and she was a good little baby all day. We just love her to pieces! She has a real sweet spirit about her and she is so pretty (biased?... yes, but it's true!) Since all of the Arfmann's were together, we snapped a couple of family photo's and I think they turned out pretty cute! Thanks to everyone for coming and spending this special day with us! The only thing that would have made it better, were if Brian and Natalie and their family could have come (they live in Japan, so I guess it's okay that they couldn't make it :) The official blessing pictures weren't quite ready, so check back for the pictures of the dress, it is so cute and fluffy!
Chace, Amy, and Sadie (Chaces girlfriend)


Annie and Sophie
Papa and Sophie
Grandma and Grandpa Call and Sophie
Sophie (2.5 mo.) and cousin Landon (4.5 mo.) We couldn't resist taking lots of pictures of these two cuties!


So, now the next thing on our list is CHriStmAs!!! I just checked my weekly calendar for this upcoming week and surprisingly it is blank as of right now! Not like the crazy previous weeks!!! I'm sure it will fill up with all sorts of fun stuff fast, after all, I do love a blank canvas! (you know, like, the empty drawer that becomes the junk drawer, or the empty shelf that becomes the jewelry, tag, change drop off)

Well, I just hope everyone takes time to enjoy this wonderful time of year. I keep thinking back to when I was a kid and how I loved feeling the spirit of Christmas! I hope that I can do as good of a job as my mom did at bringing that special feeling to our families Christmas activities! We are so grateful for the birth of our savior Jesus Christ. This year, we have seen his hand in our lives many times and in many ways. We feel so blessed to have the gospel and such wonderful family and friends (if you are reading this, consider yourself hugged ;). Merry Christmas! Love, Jules

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE LOVE that baby girls hair! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Sophie looked sooo cute in her blessing dress! It was so fun to be there. That picture of Landon and Sophie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We weren't there is person, but we were thinking of you for sure! She is such a cutie! It's not a surprise though! She has such a gorgeous mama, and handsome daddy! We're not biased at all either! :) Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete