Monday, October 4, 2010

Sophie Rose!

We'd like to welcome the newest member of the Arfmann clan: Sophie Rose!!!!!!
She was born last Thursday at Madison Memorial. We feel so blessed to have such a sweet and healthy baby in our home! She weighed 6 lbs, 11 oz, and was 18 inches long. She also has a good healthy chunk of black hair!!!! I am going to give her her first bath tomorrow and I can't wait to see how puffy and fluffy her hair will be! She has big eyes and when she is awake she is very alert. She is a good nurser, and seems to like her sisters hugging and kissing her 24/7!
My c-section went well, I will spare you the video footage, but, it was pretty cool to re-watch the video that Ryan took when they pulled her out! My cousin Rachelle was the Surgeon Assistant for my surgery and it was really fun to have her there.

Maylie is such a great sister and helper!
Brianna is the Sophie monitor! She is very helpful too!
Ashlie wasn't sure about Sophie at first, but now, they are best buds!
I guess that I better go check on little Sophie Rose (we chose Rose because I have a great Aunt named Norma Rose and Ryan's Great Grandmother's name was Eliza Rose... so we have heritage and cuteness!)
My mom took the girls to watch at her house while we were in the hospital, which was a huge help and Ryan's Mom came and made our house all cozy and clean and cooked meals for us! We feel so blessed to have such great families! Luckily, Ryan was able to stay at the hospital with me and is such a great and helpful Daddy for me and the girls! I love you Ry!
I hope everyone has a great week! Love, Jules

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations Julie, she is a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she is beautiful. I'm glad that everything went well. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful! You do not look like you just had a baby at all, you look awesome Jules! Congrats I love all of the pictures of the girls holding her. Glad everything went well, have fun snuggling with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is very cute! All those girls seriously so fun:).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all that hair!! I've been thinking about you all week, I'm so glad you posted! She is beautiful and you look amazing! Now it's my turn.....anytime NOW.....;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh Jules she is beautiful!! I love the black hair!!! good luck with 4 cute girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. She is darling. So sweet. I am jealous of you and your 4 girls. I didn't know you were going to Madison Memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love for sure! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When Ashlie is holding her she looks just like a little doll. So cute, I love her hair. Hope you are getting some rest.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Such beautiful girls, they take after their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love her! Did all your girls start out with such dark hair? Congrats-we are so happy for you guys. We missed you in California-wasn't the same without you. Ryan was just a creepy single guy...JK You had something WAY more important to take care of. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you need me to come hold her? It would be a sacrifice - but I would do it just for you!!! She is just as gorgeous as the rest of you and that is a HUGE compliment. Congratulations to all of you! My only question is, "why isn't she decked out in her green and white?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS! She is so beautiful and I absolutely love her name. I love your family pictures at the top and along the side too. I can't believe big Ashlie is. Your girls are so adorable. A house full of girls...so, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a precious little bundle! I can't wait to meet her and hold her in a few days. I hope you are recovering well! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How can I say she is adorable is everyway!
    How blessed we are to have this precious addition to our eternal family!
    Love Grandma Colleen

    ReplyDelete